Oil Rubbed Bronze Drain Kit
WHATS IN THE BOX
- One (1) Repair lift and turn tub drain
- One (1) Ultimate Overflow Gasket
- One (1) Retainer Ring
- One (1) Overflow cover
- One (1) Overflow cover screw
- One (1) Tube of silicone caulk
- Using your screw driver remove your existing waste and overflow cover.
- There should be two screws holding an existing retaining ring in place. Using your screw driver remove those two screws and retaining ring.
- Insert Ultimate Overflow Gasket on the outside of the tub and place the new retaining ring over the gasket.
- Using the existing screws, tighten new retaining ring snug to the Ultimate Overflow Gasket.
- Using the new overflow cover and provided overflow cover screw, attached cover to retaining ring. Take a breath the hard part is over.
- We are now moving down to the lift and turn drain. If you are like most you’ve accidentally removed the knob part of the lift and turn drain with normal use, if not you have to remove the knob of the lift and turn.
- Removing the knob reveals the brass stem that holds the stopper to the drain body. Unscrew the brass stem and you are left with the drain body only.
- Take a mild household detergent and clean the drain removing all soap scum, mildew etc. from the drain. Dry thoroughly.
- Take the new lift and turn repair drain and flip over exposing the underside of the drain. Take the provided silicone caulk and squeeze a bead beginning inside and around the fluted drain working your way to the flat flange of the drain. You will only use about a 1/3rd of the tube.
- Place the repair drain on top of the old drain (the new repair drain should fit over the old flange) press down and turn the drain slowly to spread caulk evenly. Leave sit for 24 hours before use.
Installing a Tub Drain and Over FlowWhen a waste and over flow needs to be repaired the plumbing technician needs to get access either underneath the tub or more preferably behind the tub. The first step to removing the waste and over flow is to remove the over flow cover. The second and much more difficult step is to unscrew the tub drain from the shoe. The tub drain threads into the drain shoe body of the waste and over flow and snugs up both to the bathtub. When you remove the drain stopper most times there is are cross bars that the stopper attaches to, these are used to back the drain out. Quite often the drain breaks making this job a time consuming project. (We will expand upon removing and replacing a waste and overflow). If you manage to remove the drain from the shoe you've disconnected the waste and over drain from the tub. Here is another place where this can become difficult. If you've got access to the drain from behind the tub there is usually a slip nut that connects the drain to the drainage piping this is a fairly easy installation, if not it is very difficult to remove the drain from below. Most time your have to cut it out and piece it back together. It is not unusual for a waste and over repair to take 6 hours or so.
Bath Tub Overflow Drain CoverThe drain covers finish is the most apparent reason for changing it. The finish tends to pit or peal. The waste and over flow cover usually has once screw in the or two to secure the cover to the body of the waste.
The Problem is Behind the Faceplate and Water Leaks down the Drain Waste TubeThe single biggest reason a waste and over flow leaks is the gasket behind the drain cover or Faceplate. The rubber behind tub begins to break down and when the water level rises to the level of the over flow the water makes it's way to any breach in the seal. Sometimes these leaks can be tricky to find because the water may run down the drain waste tube and the leak shows itself right at the spot of the waste and overflow or the water can run along and under the tub and show itself quite a distance away from the actual leak.
How do I Fix the Tub Gasket and Stop the Plumbing from Leaking?Honestly we've always said that we would be cautious when plugging a product. However when one comes along that is innovative and can save people time and money it's our duty to let people know.
There is an Easy and Economical Way to Repair Your Bath Tub Waste and Overflow?The Ultimate Tub Drain Remodel Kit featuring the Ultimate Overflow Gasket takes care of the issues. The kit uses a patented gasket that fits on the outside of the tub and telescopes into the overflow tube bypassing the damaged gasket eliminating the leaks. Another common issue with bathtubs in general is the drain. Chances are if the waste and overflow gasket and cover are damaged the bathtub drain looks the same. The kit also includes an all brass lift and turn remodel drain that fits on top and into your old drain. No need to attempt to unscrew the old drain and risk possible damage to the tub or drain assembly. Just unscrew and remove the old lift and turn assembly and or linkage pop-up drain. Clean with a mild detergent removing any soap or build-up, dry thoroughly, apply the kits acrylic bond caulk place the drain on top of the old, press, turn and leave for 24 hours and you're done. The entire drain remodel is done in 15 minutes.
Not Just for RepairsThe great thing about this product is it's not just for repairs. If you are remodeling your bath or changing the finishes on your faucets you can purchase the kit in all of the currently popular finishes. You don't have to live with a chrome or brass waste and overflow cover/drain with new brushed nickel faucets. The Ultimate Tub Drain Remodel Kit comes in a variety of finishes including chrome, brushed nickle, stainless steel and oil rubbed bronze.